When competing in the incredibly competitive digital automotive market, one of the most important things is to set yourself apart from your competitors. Having strong automotive website merchandising helps present your dealership and vehicle specials in a unique way that lets you stand out. Utilizing strong automotive website merchandising accomplishes several things:
- Allows your dealership to be found by consumers
- Brings in foot traffic to your dealership
- Converts prospects into customers
- Convinces past customers to return
Consumer Car-Buying Habits
From the 2019 Car Buyer Journey, commissioned by Cox Automotive:
- 61% of buyers shopping time is spent online
- 52% of consumers use multiple devices to get to a website
- 80% of shoppers use third-party sites, the top online resource for buyers
- 96 days is the average time car buyers spend in the market (down 22 days since 2017)
- 2.4 dealerships is the average number of stores visited by car buyers
- 41% of car buyers visit only one dealership, up 11% since 2017
In this digital age where nearly all vehicle shopping begins online, having visually appealing and streamlined content is paramount in giving your dealership credibility to online shoppers looking into making their purchase. When an online consumer is doing research, you only have a few moments to capture their attention and keep them looking on your website.
With 52% of consumers using multiple devices to view a dealership’s website, having a responsive website layout for both desktop and mobile is integral in facilitating their shopping experience. Professionally-designed, intuitive web page layouts and graphics enhance the online user experience and keep them engaged. This engagement ensures that these consumers stay on your dealership website while looking into their automotive purchase.
The Dealership Perspective
From HomeNet Automotive Brand and Product Study, 2018:
- 83% of dealers believe they can increase margin or reduce days to sell by improving online merchandising
- 12% of dealers believe they’re doing enough to distinguish themselves from their competition
From Cox Automotive Consumer Community, 2017:
- Vehicle photos that have a designed background vs non-background photos just taken on the lot have 5% more click conversions from the SRP to the VDP.
Having well-designed graphics advertising your vehicles boosts buyer appeal and their perception of your dealership. Graphics that have busy backgrounds can actually distract from a vehicle’s value. In order to garner the most click-throughs, having a clean looking, attention-grabbing background is important. While the majority of automotive dealers recognize the integral role online merchandising plays in drawing in new customers, many struggle to separate themselves from the online clutter of their competitors.
How We Help You
The Bake More Pies automotive design team can turn around any creative you may need within 48 hours. All graphics made are unique to your dealership and top of the line. Our extensive knowledge of OEM branding guidelines ensures that all graphics are approved by compliance before release. All graphics are visually appealing and designed to draw in, and hold the attention of consumers to bring their focus to the automotive vehicles you want to sell.
We make sure to keep you within good standing with your OEM’s co-op, so you receive your reimbursement. Sliders and deal graphics are created monthly, that feature your latest sales, and service offers are made and placed on your website so visiting customers can take full advantage.
Bake More Pies’ automotive team has experience with a wide variety of brands and their marketing and co-op guidelines:
- Jaguar/Land Rover